Please note: we are sold out this year!
2016 Pride Festival Vendor Guidelines
These guidelines pertain to Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. (BRPC), a North Carolina nonprofit corporation and organizer of the event, and its offering of space on the event grounds for the day of the event.
The Blue Ridge Pride Center Festival is a one-day rain or shine outdoor event. The Blue Ridge Pride Center Festival will feature one main stage with music and performers, public speakers and other community, entertainment, and education. The event will take place October 1, 2016 in Pack Square Park at 121 College Street, Asheville, NC from 11:30 am to 6:30 pm.
- Vendor Spaces must be purchased by September 16, 2016. You will be notified by email or phone within 1 weeks of this date for space approval. BRPC reserves the sole right to approve the participation of any applying exhibitor or vendor.
- Please note any special requirements on your application. BRPC provides the booth space(s). Tables and chairs may be requested for an additional fee.
- Vendor spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. BRPC reserves the sole right to place exhibitors and vendors in any location BRPC deems appropriate.
- Regular exhibitor/vendor spaces and food vendor spaces are rented in 10’ x 10’ spaces. All tents, tables and items must be contained within this 10’ x 10’ space.
- Table and Chair Rentals for your booth will be available for pickup at BRPC vending check-in upon arrival as pre-requested and prepaid through application.
- Electricity: No generators are allowed.
- Electricity will be provided at food vending spaces.
- A limited number of booths will have access to electricity. These booths are available on a first-come, first served basis. There is an additional charge to cover the cost of the electricity. Booths using electricity must bring a 12-gauge extension cord with a minimum length of 50’.
- Tent Weights are required. All tents and other items brought into the festival must be weighed down with blocks, bags of sand, etc. Each leg of the tent must have a minimum of 8lbs of weight or the Fire Marshall will require the tent to be removed from the festival. Tent weights may be requested for an additional fee. Weight rentals for your booth will be available or pickup at BRPC vending check-in upon arrival as pre- requested and prepaid through application. Failure to have tent weights will result in a $50 fee if Blue Ridge Pride Center has to supply them if not preordered. Tents must be freestanding and flame retardant.
Vendor Check-in / Tear-down
- Check-in Time: Vendors will be contacted prior to the event with a designated check-in time. Vendors will not be allowed vehicular access to the event prior to their assigned time slots. Vendors arriving after their assigned time will be subject to wait.
- Vehicles cannot be admitted into the event space after 11:00 am.
- All vehicles must be cleared from the event space by 11:15 am.
- Check-in Location: The check-in location is TBA. This is where you will receive booth assignments and location. Please DO NOT ENTER the festival site at any other location – you will be turned away!
Vehicles / Parking
- Vehicles will not be allowed into the ‘park’ area, so please be prepared to transport items up to several hundred feet by hand. Limited volunteers may be available to assist in unloading.
- Participants must remain with their vehicle at all times while unloading and loading. Unload merchandise immediately upon arrival and remove vehicle immediately, then return to set up your booth. Volunteers may be available to watch unloaded items while vehicles are being moved.
- Parking: BRPC does not provide parking for exhibitors/vendors at the event – this is your responsibility. Parking is available in surrounding city streets in metered spaces or in several nearby parking garages located within 3-7 blocks of the event. Visit the City of Asheville Parking Services web page for more information. BRPC accepts no responsibility for any citations for exhibitors/vendors that are illegally parked.
- Booths must be opened and manned for the entirety of the festival, 11:30 noon until 6:00. You may not tear down before the event is over.
- Vendors will have limited street access from 6 pm to 7:30 pm to load vehicles and exit. Vehicles are not allowed into the event area until pedestrians are cleared
Trash, Food & Beverages, Pets
- Trash: Please come prepared to contain your trash. You may not use the event’s waste containers as they will be separated by compostable, recyclable and landfill. Please do not use the dumpster at the event as this is for the local merchants only.
- Food & Beverages: Alcoholic beverages, soda, or water cannot be sold or given away by any non-food vendors.
- Pets: The City of Asheville does not allow any pets or animals in Festival sites. Please keep this in mind and leave your pets at home.
- Comply with the State of North Carolina on sales tax & business license requirements. It is your responsibility to acquire any necessary permits and/or licenses.
- All approved food/beverage vendors must submit a copy of their Temporary Food Vending Permit to BRP within 15 days of the event. An application can be found at: http://buncombecounty.org/common/health/tempFoodEst_App.pdf.
- Comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations of any lawful authority, agency or governmental unit, including, but not limited to any applicable fire and building codes of the City of Asheville and Buncombe County Health Department.
- BRPC expects vendors to abide by the “leave no trace” principle.
- BRPC reserves the right, and will charge, any exhibitor/vendor a $50 cleaning fee should they leave their space(s) in a condition that requires additional cleaning. Your organization/business agrees to pay this fee, if imposed, as a condition of participating in the event.
- Please refrain from bringing glitter, confetti, or other debris that may be difficult to clean up after the event.
Sharing of Booth Spaces
- BRPC encourages like businesses and organizations to share a booth. Please note such a request in the vending application. Subletting of booths is not allowed and may result in disqualification of presence at the day of event.
- Selection: BRPC expresses its wishes to promote local businesses and restaurants. Local establishments will be given priority on food spaces available.
- Permits: Food vendors must obtain all needed permits independently of BRP and submit within 10 days of the festival.
- Waste: BRPC wishes to support a reduced environmental impact and requires that all food and beverage vendors use biodegradable plates, cups, cutlery, etc. Vendors found to be noncompliant will be asked to leave the event. The application fee will be non-refundable. Education and awareness will be provided to vendors in order to support the efforts with the public. Additionally, we will be happy to provide contact information for a vendor of compostable materials. Please contact Blue Ridge Pride Center at Vendor@blueridgepride.com, for more information on compostable goods requirements.
- Beverage Sales: Non-alcoholic beverages can only be sold by BRPC and food vendors.
Please contact: Vendor@blueridgepride.org.