2017 Pride Festival Vendor Guidelines
These guidelines pertain to Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. (BRPC), a North Carolina nonprofit corporation and organizer of the event, and its offering of space on the event grounds for the day of the event.
The Blue Ridge Pride Center Festival is a one-day rain or shine outdoor event. The Blue Ridge Pride Center Festival will feature one main stage with music and performers, public speakers and other community, entertainment, and education.
The event will take place September 30, 2017 in Pack Square Park at 121 College Street, Asheville, NC from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
- Vendor Spaces must be purchased by September 1, 2017. You will be notified by email or phone within 1 weeks of this date for space approval. BRPC reserves the sole right to approve the participation of any applying exhibitor or vendor.
- Please note any special requirements on your application. The basic vendor space fee covers the booth space only. Tables, chairs, tent weights and electricity may be rented for an additional fee.
- Vendor spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis. BRPC reserves the sole right to place exhibitors and vendors in any location BRPC deems appropriate.
- Regular exhibitor/vendor spaces and food vendor spaces are rented in 10’ x 10’ spaces. All tents, tables and items must be contained within this space.
- Vendors generally receive notification of their assigned space seven days before the festival. However, Blue Ridge Pride Center reserves the right to reassign spaces.
- Table and Chair Rentals for your booth will be available for pickup at BRPC vending check-in upon arrival as prepaid through application.
- Electricity: No generators are allowed.
- Electricity will be provided at food vending spaces.
- A limited number of booths will have access to electricity. These booths are available on a first-come, first served basis for an additional charge of $25. Vendors using electricity must bring a 12-gauge extension cord with a minimum length of 50’.
- Tent Weights are required. All tents and other items brought into the festival must be weighted down with blocks, bags of sand, etc. Each leg of the tent must weigh a minimum of 8 pounds or the city Fire Marshall will require the tent to be removed from the festival. Tent weights may be rented from Blue Ridge Pride Center for $20. Weight rentals for your booth will be delivered to your space as prepaid through application. Failure to have tent weights will result in a $50 fee if Blue Ridge Pride Center has to supply them. Tents must be freestanding and flame retardant.
Vendor Check-in / Tear-down
- Check-in Time: Vendors will be contacted prior to the event with a designated check-in time and space assignment. We aim to contact vendors with this information 7-14 days before the event. Vendors will not be allowed vehicular access to the event prior to their assigned time slots. Vendors arriving after their assigned time will be subject to wait.
- Vehicles cannot be admitted into the event space after 10:15 am.
- All vehicles must be cleared from the event space by 10:45 am.
- Check-in Location: The check-in location is TBA. This is where you can drop off your supplies and get directions to your assigned space. Please DO NOT ENTER the festival site at any other location – you will be turned away.
Vehicles / Parking
- Vehicles will only be allowed in the drop-off area, so please be prepared to transport items up to several hundred feet by hand. Volunteers may be available to assist in unloading.
- Participants must remain with their vehicle at all times while unloading and loading. Unload merchandise immediately upon arrival and remove vehicle immediately, then return to set up your booth. Volunteers may be available to watch unloaded items while vehicles are being moved.
- Parking: BRPC does not provide parking for exhibitors/vendors at the event – this is your responsibility. Parking is available in surrounding city streets in metered spaces or in several nearby parking garages located within 3-7 blocks of the event. Visit the City of Asheville Parking Services web page for more information. BRPC accepts no responsibility for any citations for exhibitors/vendors that are illegally parked.
- Booths must be opened and manned for the entirety of the festival, 11:00 am until 7:00 pm. You may not tear down before the event is over. Early tear-down is subject to a $100 charge.
- Vendors will have limited street access from 7 pm to 8:30 pm to load vehicles and exit. Vehicles are not allowed into the event pick-up area until pedestrians are cleared
Trash, Food & Beverages, Pets
- Trash: Please come prepared to contain your trash. You may not use the event’s waste containers as they will be separated by compostable, recyclable and landfill. Please do not use dumpsters that may be located near the event. These are property of local merchants.
- Food & Beverages: Alcoholic beverages, soda, and/or water cannot be sold or given away by any non-food vendor, unless approved in writing by Blue Ridge Pride Center.
- Pets: The City of Asheville does not allow any pets or animals (excluding licensed service animals) in Festival sites. Please keep this in mind and leave your pets at home.
- Comply with the State of North Carolina on sales tax & business license requirements. It is your responsibility to acquire any necessary permits and/or licenses.
- All approved food/beverage vendors must submit a copy of their Temporary Food Vending Permit to BRP within 15 days of the event. An application can be found at: http://buncombecounty.org/common/health/tempFoodEst_App.pdf.
- Comply with all laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations of any lawful authority, agency or governmental unit, including, but not limited to any applicable fire and building codes of the City of Asheville and Buncombe County Health Department.
- For any questions about local regulations and permits, see: http://www.ashevillenc.gov/departments/community/outdoor_special.htm.
- BRPC expects vendors to abide by the “leave no trace” principle.
- BRPC reserves the right, and will charge, any exhibitor/vendor a $50 cleaning fee should they leave their space(s) in a condition that requires additional cleaning. Your organization/business agrees to pay this fee, if imposed, as a condition of participating in the event.
- Please refrain from bringing glitter, confetti, or other debris that may be difficult to clean up after the event.
Sharing of Booth Spaces
Subletting of booths is not allowed and may result in disqualification of presence at the day of event. However, BRPC encourages like businesses and organizations to share resources – especially non-profits. If you are interested in sharing a booth, please note such a request in the vending application.
- Selection: BRPC expresses its wishes to promote local businesses and restaurants. Local establishments will be given priority on food spaces available.
- Permits: Food vendors must obtain all needed permits independently of BRP and submit within 10 days of the festival. Links to local regulations and permit applications can be found at: http://www.ashevillenc.gov/departments/community/outdoor_special.htm.
- Waste: BRPC wishes to support a reduced environmental impact and requires that all food and beverage vendors use biodegradable plates, cups, cutlery, etc. Vendors found to be noncompliant will be asked to leave the event. The application fee will be non-refundable. Please contact Blue Ridge Pride Center at Vendor@blueridgepride.com, for more information on compostable goods requirements. Or, you can visit the city’s Green Initiatives Guide (http://www.ashevillenc.gov/civicax/filebank/blobdload.aspx?blobid=26340).
- Beverage Sales: Non-alcoholic beverages can only be sold by BRPC-approved vendors.
Please contact: Vendor@blueridgepride.org