Thanks for being a wristband partner for Downtown After 5! If you have questions about your role after reviewing the below info, contact our event staff:
Meghan Rogers, Executive Director — (828) 777-1183, firstname.lastname@example.org
RECRUITING NUMBERS: You should recruit volunteers as follows. All volunteers should be age 18+. Be prepared to work in varying weather, as the event will occur rain or shine.
- 4:45 PM – 7:15 PM: 18 volunteers
- 7 PM – 9:15 PM: 12 volunteers
EVENT DAY CHECK IN: Arrive early and plan for traffic and weekend congestion. Unfortunately, we cannot provide parking. We recommend using the Civic Center garage or Buncombe County garage. Have all volunteers arrive to the “WRISTBANDS” tent near the intersection of Hiawassee St and Lexington Ave.
When most volunteers are present, have your lead go to the “VOLUNTEERS” tent and ask for Meghan.
TIPS FOR EVENT DAY:
- Station two volunteers in front of the table to check IDs before attendees reach the table. Don’t work too far out so that you’re sure everyone has been ID’d when they reach the table.
- VOLUNTEERS SHOULD ID EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF APPEARANCE.
- Put wristbands on snugly, so they can’t be passed to
- Issues? Conflicts? No ID on an elderly person? Come to the volunteer
- Station 1-2 people taking money and 1-2 putting on the wristbands at the
- The wristbands are litter free, so the white tab does not pull
- ADA’s treasury team will bring change periodically. If you are running low on change, go to the “VOLUNTEER” tent and ask someone with a radio to call for change.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL CAN BE CONSUMED IN THE SALES TENT.
- Expect Alcohol Law Enforcement to be on site ensuring that you implement these All volunteers are liable for their actions. You’re the main defense to prevent illegal drinking.
PERKS AND PROMOTION: You may put out a banner/sign to promote your organization (no duct tape; up to 10’ wide will fit). Tabletop brochures and marketing materials are allowed with paper weights to prevent litter (no handbilling). You may want to laminate any small signs to prevent rain damage. You may put out a “donation” jar, which must be identified as donations to your organization.
PAYMENT & CHECK PRESENTATION: You will receive your check on the same day that you are scheduled to provide volunteers. A representative of your organization should be prepared to receive the check on stage. We do the check presentation on stage between the opener and headliner. Your representative will have 1- 2 minutes to say thank you and a brief statement about your organization. This person should come backstage at 6:40 PM on the date of your check presentation to meet Meghan. If this time changes, ADA staff will notify you.
REQUIRED TRAINING: Most or all volunteers must complete the Responsible Alcohol Seller Program (RASP). It’s a free online training that takes about 20 minutes and covers alcohol safety. See instructions below.
- Each volunteer should bring their printed RASP certificate to the event! You can also email certs ahead of time to email@example.com.
- Note: You will still have “cheat sheet” signage to guide you at the wristband table:
- Acceptable ID forms: Driver’s license, passport, military ID, NC Special ID card
- The “stoplight system” for NC IDs
- “You must be born before XYZ date to consume ”
Responsible Alcohol Seller Program (RASP) Certification – ADA Instructions
RASP is an online alcohol safety training that is required of volunteers who want to serve alcohol at ADA events. Here’s how to complete the course:
- Navigate to https://abc.nc.gov/Training
- If you have previously registered with ABC, login using your email and password. Then, skip to step 10
- If you have NOT previously registered with ABC, go to step
- Click “Register for Seller/Server training ”
- Click “Search for a business that I represent that currently holds permits OR has applied for ”
- Type “Asheville Downtown Association” into the Trade Name and click “search.”
- Select the first option (with address listed as 29 Haywood Street).
- Follow the prompts to fill out personal info about yourself. Click “Register.” You have now created an account with
- A login page will Enter your email and password. Click “Log in.”
- Click “Start Seller/Server ”
- Follow the prompts to complete the training Take the quiz that follows.
- Upon passing, click “Print.” A PDF of your certificate should automatically download. Either print it and bring it to an event or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve taken the course and just need to download your certificate, login using your email and password, then click “Click to download Seller / Server Certificate.”