Performance Restrictions / Prohibited Acts
- All Festival, Pageant and other event acts must be “family oriented” and appropriate for all ages. We are the sole judges of whether a particular act is appropriate for the event and audience. No exceptions will be made to this rule.
- Performers are NOT allowed to invite audience members onto the stage. No one is permitted on or behind the stage without an approved stage pass.
- Performers may NOT use any pyrotechnics, pyrotechnic devices, or projectiles in any part of their performance unless these are in compliance with city permit requirements AND have expressly approved in advance in writing by Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc.
Compensation & Sales
- Performers will be paid immediately after performance. Payment will be made to the legal name or entity provided in the application.
- Approved performers may offer CDs & merchandise for sale in the specific areas provided. Tip jars are acceptable during a performance.
- The Blue Ridge Pride Festival will be held rain or shine. Should the event organizers opt to cancel a performance due to related weather, 50% of the fee will be paid.
- If the performers choose not to perform or do not arrive in time to perform, no payment will be made.
- Performers with stage passes will be granted access to the VIP tent (if there is one at that event).
Recording, Media & Marketing Release
- Performers authorize Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. to make, use, reproduce, and/or publish photographs and/or videos that may pertain to them, including their image, likeness and/or voice, without further compensation.
- This material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, Internet Web pages, recruitment materials, broadcast public service advertising, or for other related endeavors.
- This authorization is continuous and may only be withdrawn by Performer’s specific rescission of this authorization made in writing to the Entertainment Director of Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. (email@example.com).
- Performers are responsible for their own transportation and lodging.
- Parking: We do not guarantee parking but will provide it if available.
Equipment: Main Stage
- The Main Stage is an elevated stage that is 20′ x 30′.
- Staff includes a stage manager, stage security and sound engineers. Contact Entertainment Director if you need details on sound equipment.
- Blue Ridge Pride will provide backstage tents with a changing area and refreshments. These will be accessible only to people bearing an approved stage pass.
Equipment: Café Stage
- The Café Stage is 10′ x 10′.
- Sound equipment includes (1) microphone with 1 mic stand, (2) 1000-watt amped speakers with two speaker stands, (3) ¼ inch cords and/or (3)XLR cords, (1) power strip and (2) extension cords. • (1) 10 x 10 pop-up tent for shade and (1) small fan for cooling • (1) 6-foot table •
- Staff includes 1 sound tech / stage manager.
- There will be is a 10×10 tent to shelter the stage and a 10×10 merchandise tent where performers can sell CDs and merchandise.
Waiver of Liability / Indemnification
- The parties agree that the Performer, and any agents and employees of the Performer, in performance of this application shall act and are acting in an independent capacity and not as officers, employees or agents of Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc.
- Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. is not responsible for loss or damage to Performer’s equipment or other property.
- Participant hereby waives all claims and recourse against Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc., including the right to contribution for loss or damage to persons or property in any way connected to this application, and/or to Performer’s participation in the Festival and Performer shall indemnify, and save harmless Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc. from all claims due to any acts or omissions.
- Participant shall indemnify, defend, and save harmless Blue Ridge Pride Center, Inc., its officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims, suits or actions of every name, kind and description brought forth from, or on account of, injuries to or death of any person including, but not limited to, workers, and the public, or damage to property resulting from Performer’s participation in the Festival.