Jewish Family Services & Healing Solutions Counseling at JFS
Jewish Family Services of WNC is a non-profit social service agency for ALL the people of Western North Carolina. JFS enriches the lives of our clients by providing a broad array of clinical and social support services. We welcome: all cultures, all religions, all colors, all genders, all beliefs, all ages ... all people.
Jewish Family Services supports Western North Carolina through the following services:
- Healing Solutions Counseling at JFS provides unique and coordinated services that will engage you in identifying your needs, strengths, and goals. Regardless of your situation, we will help empower you to attain a better quality of life. JFS accepts most Medicare, BCBS, United Healthcare, Cigna, Humana, and Aetna. Sliding scale fees are available based on income to those who are under or uninsured.
- Case Management – JFS can help with a wide range of needs including information and referral for challenges related to mental health, financial, housing, food, transportation, and issues of aging. Case Management services are free and supported through the generosity of community and government grants and individual donations.
- The JFS Chaplain, in collaboration with Case Management services, provides pastoral counseling, hospital, hospice and long term care patient visits, and spiritual support to individuals and families in times of illness, end-of-life, and other stressful situations. Chaplaincy services are free and supported through the generosity of community and government grants and individual donations.
- The JFS Elder Club Group Respite Program meets two days a week to provide socialization and support in a group setting through peer-to-peer communication and peer-level understanding of common memories and life experiences.
- JFS maintains a food pantry with a wide variety of nutritious items for any individual or family needing temporary assistance. JFS is a partner agency with MANNA FoodBank. We also have Ingles gift cards for groceries and gas, as well as Asheville City Transit bus tickets. Free access to our food pantry is supported through the generosity of community and government grants and individual donations.
Service Areas: Buncombe, Haywood, Henderson, Macon, Transylvania, Yancey