Western North Carolina Community Health Services
An All-Inclusive Medical Facility Is Just What the Doctor Ordered. Everyone is welcome at our health care center in Asheville, NC. Western North Carolina Community Health Services is made up of caring, diverse, and experienced medical practitioners. Our Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) does it all—you can think of us as your one-stop-shop for medical services.
Western North Carolina Community Health Services, Inc. (WNCCHS) is a private, non-profit, tax-exempt corporation based in Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina. We serve both insured and uninsured patients, believing healthcare to be a basic human right.
WNCCHS provides comprehensive, high-quality whole person health care to our patients regardless of ability to pay. As a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), we provide health care to all members of our community, including low income, indigent, and uninsured patients who may not otherwise be able to afford health care via traditional sources.
Our health care centers offer sliding fee scale discounts for all patients, as well as, prescription assistance, transportation, referral assistance, etc. to ensure all people have access to affordable, high quality health care for both acute and chronic conditions.
Our goal is to provide all residents of Buncombe and nearby counties with a medical home and with a provider they can know and trust, in an atmosphere that promotes respect, inclusion, and dignity.
Click each service to learn more.
- Primary Care: WNCCHS is happy to provide on-site, sliding fee scale-based medical services to individuals of all ages at our facility. We offer internal and family medical services as well as women’s and men’s health services. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
- Dental Care: Visit our facilities for access to our dental services. We offer dental services to those who are uninsured or under-insured. We’re equipped to handle teeth cleanings, dental x-rays, and more.
- Behavioral Health: Counselors, Therapists, and Behavioral Health staff can help manage behavioral health concerns with treatment and with the proper approach, recovery is possible.
- HIV Prevention & Care: WNCCHS has provided high quality, comprehensive HIV care for 20+ years. We serve as Administrator for the Ryan White Part B, C, and D programs in the Asheville / Buncombe area, as well as an 18-county service area of western North Carolina. We also offer pre- and post-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP/PEP) HIV prevention services, as well as HIV testing.
- Trans Health: WNCCHS is an LGBTQ+ friendly organization with trans-affirming staff and services available to best support our trans and non-binary patient population . We are currently home to 430+ trans-identifying patients, many of whom utilize our TRANSition Assistance Program (TAP) to access free hormone replacement therapy (HRT) at our on-site pharmacy.
Service Areas: Avery, Buncombe, Cherokee, Clay, Graham, Haywood, Henderson, Macon, Madison, McDowell, Mitchell, NC - Other, Polk, Rutherford, SC - Northwest, Swain, TN - East, Transylvania, Yancey