Advocacy & Education
Major LGBTQ Advocacy Groups
- Human Rights Campaign – Our goal is to ensure that all LGBTQ people, and particularly those of us who are trans, people of color and HIV+, are treated as full and equal citizens within our movement, across our country and around the world.
- Victory Fund – We provide campaign, fundraising and communications support to LGBTQ candidates to increase the number of openly LGBTQ elected officials – because representation is power.
- Lambda Legal – Founded in 1973, Lambda Legal is the oldest and largest national legal organization whose mission is to achieve full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education and public policy work.
- Sylvia Rivera Law Project – The Sylvia Rivera Law Project works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence.
- Transgender Legal Defense Fund –
National Center for Transgender Equality –
- Equality North Carolina – Equality NC is the oldest statewide organization in the country dedicated to securing rights and protections for the LGBTQ community. We’re invested in ensuring that every North Carolinian can see themselves in this movement and in helping to create a safer, more equitable world for all marginalized folks.
- Campaign for Southern Equality – We’re working to build a South where LGBTQ people are equal in every sphere of life. More than one third of all LGBTQ Americans live in the South. But our community lacks basic legal protections, faces political attacks, and experiences health and income inequities.
- Southerners on New Ground – SONG is a home for LGBTQ liberation across all lines of race, class, abilities, age, culture, gender, and sexuality in the South. We build, sustain, and connect a southern regional base of LGBTQ people in order to transform the region through strategic projects and campaigns developed in response to the current conditions in our communities. SONG builds this movement through leadership development, intersectional analysis, and organizing.
- Tranzmission –
- Buncombe County LGBTQ Democrats –
- Southern Poverty Law Center –
There are no upcoming events at this time.