For your picture to look good, it must have the correct ratio and size.
- Ratio: Most of our posts and forms use either a 1:1 or a 3:2 ratio.
- Size: Ideally, it should be at least 300 pixels on either side and no more than 1500 on the longest side.
Some of our forms include a built-in cropping tool. If you are having difficulty getting your picture to fit our ratio requirements, use this free online tool to alter your image before uploading it.
- Click this link to open cropping software in a new window. Upload your image to the window.
- Adding Borders: Sometimes you need to add a white or black border before you crop so that you include the entire image. See the image below for an illustration of these steps.
- Select Resize | Fixed.
- Select the Background Color you want as a border.
- Add 250 to the image’s current width. Click Apply.
- Repeat the steps above, this time adding 250 to the height. Be sure to click apply.
- You can now save, resize or crop the image.
- Cropping: If you are using your image in a form of ours that does not include a cropping tool, you can crop it here.
- From the menu, Select Crop | by Aspect Ratio
- Enter 3:2 for most posts (1:1 for headshots)
- Move and size the crop guidelines.
- Click File – Save Image.
- Return to your entry form and upload your image.