Key Changes from Previous Festivals Layouts
- We are reducing the number of spaces in a couple of areas that experienced crowding last festival year (notably, along College Avenue).
- We are elevating the main stage speakers. This will send sound above the audience instead of into it.
- We are moving all port-a-johns far from food service areas and adding more space along College Avenue for food trucks.
- Owing to Fire Department regulations and vendor feedback, we will be towing anyone who parks illegally – even for 3 minutes. Never leave your car unattended while unloading. Ask for our help.
Applications / Pricing
- Owing to markedly higher production costs. we have had to raise prices (for the first time since 2017).
- We have abandoned our one-year experiment with vendor deposits. It adds too much complexity for an organization our size.
How We Evaluate Applications
- We generally operate on a first-pay, first-serve basis.
- We try to give preference to local organizations. This includes national organizations that hire and operate locally.
- We limit the number of vendors in a specific category (e.g., arts & crafts; massage services). This is both to support vendors and to ensure variety at the festival.
- We try to place people where they would like to be. However, we make all location decisions. We do so 3 weeks before the festival.